Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete originals in cloud without deleting locally

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Long time desktop user but new to Adobe cloud.

I have a CC subscription and have been mainly using Lightroom Classic. However I'm looking at a new workflow to import new pics from camera card to Lightroom on my iPad. This part is fine and syncs, then if I go to Lightroom Classic on my MacBook they appear and the original RAW files download to the correct location automatically. What I'd like to do once this is complete is delete the RAW files from the cloud but continue to see and edit the smart previews on my iPad, just like if the files were imported in Lightroom Classic originally.  This is purely to save space in the Adobe Cloud as I'm not going to subscribe to yet more Cloud storage I don't need as original files are backed up locally and 3rd party Cloud. 

I have searched for the solution but not had any luck for what I'd have thought was a fairly normal scenario. 

Thanks for your help 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

This is fairly easy to do, but it requires removing the original from the cloud, and then syncing the same image again from Lightroom Classic so it becomes a smart preview in the cloud. This is how you can do that:

1: Remove the image(s) from the "All Synced Photographs" collection in Lightroom Classic.

2: Wait till they have disappeared from the cloud.

3: Add them again to the "All Synced Photographs" collection in Lightroom Classic, or to a synced collection (if you want them in a particular

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fairly easy to do, but it requires removing the original from the cloud, and then syncing the same image again from Lightroom Classic so it becomes a smart preview in the cloud. This is how you can do that:

1: Remove the image(s) from the "All Synced Photographs" collection in Lightroom Classic.

2: Wait till they have disappeared from the cloud.

3: Add them again to the "All Synced Photographs" collection in Lightroom Classic, or to a synced collection (if you want them in a particular album on your iPad).

4: The image(s) will now sync to the cloud again, but this time as smart previews.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan

I'm trying that just now. Is it usual when deleting this way (before re-adding) for the sync to be slow?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of reasons why sync can be slow sometimes.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That worked well. Unfortunately on iPad using the app to process many files on an import was impractical. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines