• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted files from Lightroom - never went to Recycle bin

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted some photo and videos last night from Lightroom CC.  In error I deleted a couple of videos of my son when he was 6 mo old.  I assumed sinced there was also a local copy saved on my hard drive it would have been added to the recycle bin.  But the recycle bin did not have any of the photos/videos deleted.

Seems Lightroom was immediately deleting them.  I really only want a single video of my son giggling at 6 mo old.  Is there a way to resurrect the files deleted yesterday?

I saw some people tried rebooting their computer but that did not work.  Still not in the recycle bin.

Please help.  Very sad Mom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Lightroom CC does not yet have a Trash bin and files are deleted immediately, after a warning.

The bin on your computer has no connection to Lightroom CC.

There is a chance you may get some help on this thread.... https://forums.adobe.com/message/10907474?tstart=0#10907474

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to get the local file back if you have your computer set to make backups such as using time machine on a Mac. Otherwise you would need file recovery tools that generally ave limited success. The other way is to contact Adobe through their website (there is an online chat I think). In some cases they are able to restore accidentally deleted files in your Lightroom CC library but this is a far shot and not something they do normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maryc1709358  wrote

I deleted some photo and videos last night from Lightroom CC.  In error I deleted a couple of videos of my son when he was 6 mo old.  I assumed sinced there was also a local copy saved on my hard drive it would have been added to the recycle bin.  But the recycle bin did not have any of the photos/videos deleted.

Seems Lightroom was immediately deleting them.  I really only want a single video of my son giggling at 6 mo old.  Is there a way to resurrect the files deleted yesterday?

I saw some people tried rebooting their computer but that did not work.  Still not in the recycle bin.

Please help.  Very sad Mom.

Where were those photos and videos immediately before you put them in Lightroom CC? Which folder were they in? Have you looked there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the photos and videos had successfully made it to the cloud, we may be able to recover them.  I will reach out to you directly to get more info.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines