• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Photos off Card, but showing up in lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, when I uploaded photos to work on them in Lightroom, it is pulling in photos I know I just deleted off the card.  So I usually edit quickly off any 'bad' photos before uploading to Lightroom.   They would be gone when I upload into Lightroom, as they should be.  Now they still appear.  I realize I can just upload everything and edit from Lightroom, but it's kind of alarming that they are appearing? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify what version of Lightroom you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2.2 on a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand what you are doing. How do you "edit quickly" before you import to Lightroom? Are you referring to editing in the camera and deleting in the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking the card out of the camera. Putting it into the laptop. Pulling up the photos and deleting any bad ones. Then uploading to Lightroom. I've been doing this way for years, and the "bad/deleted ones" would be gone. Now they are also showing up in Lightroom. If I had deleted a photo while I was taking them (Ie before putting into my computer) those are NOT showing up. So it has something to do with the fact that once the card is in my computer, even if I delete, they are still showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound odd. Any chance that you are taking both a raw and JPEG but only deleting one of them? Obviously, I'm grabbing at straws here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks - but no, not doing RAW currently. I'm going to test deleting some from computer, taking card out and then opening lightroom to see if that works ... or I'll just give in to doing all editing in Lightroom 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines