• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting „mobile.downloads.lrdata“ from my internal hd??

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening!

I didn´t really think it through, what will happen, when I started syncing all my Lightroom (CC) folders within Lightroom Classic. 

Suddenly this thousends of photos (which are actually perfectly stored in the cloud....and I am happy with it) started filling my internal drive on my macbook by creating an 400GB "mobile.downloads.lrdata"-file.

MY QUESTION IS:

Can I simply delete the synced photos in Lighroom Classic (by deleting the synced folders) and delete the mobile.downloads.lrdata file on my Mac (to get rid of the 400GB on my internal drive)??

Without risking to lose all my photos which are stored  in Lightroom (CC) up in the cloud????

I unchecked all the sync-boxes next to the single folders which are displayed in Lightroom Classic to be sure that after I delete the folders, there will be no "re-sync".

My goal is, to restore the „old“ way of saving my photos.

Photos which are located in Lightroom should stay there and should be saved in the cloud. And photos which I tether in LR classic should be stored on my harddrives.

Is there any chance to just save photos from LR classic in the cloud as well, without getting the whole syncing-process started, like mentioned above??? 

Thanx soooo much for your help!!

Cheers, Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting synced files from Classic will also delete them from the cloud and other synced devices.

My recollection is that deleting the mobile.downloads.lrdata file on your Mac will also remove them from the cloud and synced devices.

delete-synced-files.png

BTW, your question regarding deleting images in Lightroom is addressed in this linking FAQ https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ian!

Thanx for your quick reply.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines