Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting multiple presets on Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm trying to mass delete some presets on Lightroom CC, can't work out how I do it?

I can see how I delete them one by one but how do I mass delete them?

Checked the files on App data (I'm using Windows) but can't see them anywhere?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Difficult to delete "some" in bulk! because they are stored in a folder with cryptic filenames. The .XMP files have within them the Preset Name and Group name that you see in the Lightroom interface.

1) Find out where your LR Catalog is stored. You can do this in Lightroom CC by going to “Adobe Lightroom CC > Preferences” in the menu..

2) then select “Local Storage” from the left-hand tab. And towards the bottom, it should list the storage location of your catalog. Click on [Browse].

3) You should see a ‘Data’ folder with a bunch of random letters and numbers, like “ab414778e2e444859150c9a15f1481da”. Go into that folder, then the “cr_settings” folder. All of your presets are in there.

My folder looks something like this:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\dbb02def0aaa44aeae9ff4b4b65ngn12\cr_settings

An alternative to deleting might be -select each and [Move to Group]. Thus they can be collapsed to the Group title (or totally hidden by 'Manage').  You can also Delete a Group!.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines