• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Photos from Disk (Lightroom 3.2)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to Lightroom 3.2 (but am very familiar with previous versions). In previous versions, when I selected photos and hit delete, I had the option to remove the photos from Lightroom or remove them from Lightroom and the disk. I can't seem to find a way to do that in Lightroom 3.2.  Is there a way to delete from disk?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Not really because Lightroom 3.2 is not disk oriented. The images are being saved in the cloud. It's possible that you have things configured to have a copy saved to disk, but the primary image is being stored in the cloud. That is the primary difference with Lightroom 3.2. If you want a disk oriented Lightroom then you need to be using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really because Lightroom 3.2 is not disk oriented. The images are being saved in the cloud. It's possible that you have things configured to have a copy saved to disk, but the primary image is being stored in the cloud. That is the primary difference with Lightroom 3.2. If you want a disk oriented Lightroom then you need to be using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the main hard drive (usually C: drive) and select Properties. Click the Disk Cleanup button to see a list of items that you can delete, such as temporary files. Click Clean up system files for more options. Check the categories you want to delete and click OK> Delete Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/unable-to-delete-photos-from-disk/td-p/... - You need to select all fotos first - Then this additional buttun appears in the menue.

Tagwords for all germans: Wie kann ich meine Fotos mit Lightroom Classic auch auf der Festplatte löschen?
Sollen die Masterfotos auch von der Festplatte gelöscht werden oder nur aus der Sammlung entfernt werden. 
Beim Klicken auf alle abgelehnten Fotos löschen, muss scheinbar erst die Auswahl auf alle Fotos stehen und nicht nur auf einer Kollektion aus einem der letzten Importe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines