Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting photos from LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In LR Mobile I have several images which are marked as Deleted and LR tells me how many days till they are permanently deleted. I want to confirm that 'permanently deleted' means removed from syncing with LR CC and not deleted from my library. I've not found a definitive answer for this.

Thanks you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

'permanently deleted' means deleted from everywhere except Lightroom Classic, if they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'permanently deleted' means deleted from everywhere except Lightroom Classic, if they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had a feeling that was the case but fear got the best of me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom Classic has downloaded the photo to a local drive, the photo will be removed from the synced photos collection, but it will not be deleted from the catalog. I like confirm my photos have downloaded in Classic before I delete them from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM TOTALLY UNABLE TO POST THIS QUESTION AND NONE OF THE ANSWERS THAT COME UP WORK!   VERY FRUSTRATING.

I want to delete photos from my iphone, and have found a number of answers, but none apply  - for example the 3 dots give "delete all photos or some such".   NO OPTION.

Basically I want to transfer photos from my iphone to my desktop LR classic.   THIS DOES WORK (with syncing)!    Then I want to delete them from my phone.   If I need to delete them from the Adobe online site to do this, fine.   BUT HOW?   And can I get rid of all the folders on my Adobe online site and on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a new thread. Post one topic per thread. And don't SHOUT - we're all users here and no-one owes you an answer.

To delete photos on the phone, get it into a grid view and use those 3 dots but choose Select. Tap photos, you'll see they're highlighted, and there's a bin at the bottom of the screen.

To get photos into Classic LR, enable sync in its Preferences. The photos will then transfer automatically. Then you can delete them from your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines