Highlighted

Deleting rejects in the LR CC?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete all rejected photo's at one time?  I used to be able to do this in LR Classic.

Even the simplest processes seem to take too long. Frustrating! 

Sorry, need to vent.

Simply click on the filter symbol on the top menu and then click the x flag to the left. Use Ctrl+A to select all.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting rejects in the LR CC?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to delete all rejected photo's at one time?  I used to be able to do this in LR Classic.

Even the simplest processes seem to take too long. Frustrating! 

Sorry, need to vent.

Simply click on the filter symbol on the top menu and then click the x flag to the left. Use Ctrl+A to select all.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are in a continuous batch click the first to select then hold down shift and click the last photo to select all. Right-click and choose delete (number) of photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon.

That did work.

But in this new LR CC, I still want to delete my rejects.  Since they are not a continuous selection.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new Lightroom CC for Mac.  And you gave me an idea.

I selected which to reject.  Then filtered to only see rejects.

Used the Ctrl+A to select all.

And then deleted only the reject.

A couple extra steps.  Not like the previous version. Where I could delete with a command+delete.

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Ctrl+Backspace. This will delete all the Rejected Photos in selected folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 3
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple and this works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and am finding it difficult especially since when you Google for help all the answers seem to be relevant to Lightroom CC classic only.  I am also have the same problem with deleting photos.  I have tried the step listed above namely:

filter for rejected photos

control+A to select all

delete photo

But this only deletes photos one at a time.  It is not selecting all of my rejected photos.

Any additional help is most welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I select photos within any collection Smart or not, then clicked on the encompassing folder (in my case photos) that the photos I selected in the collection remain selected no matter which subfolder they are in.   Then I can use menu or cmd+delete to delete the selected photos.

None of the above answers actually answered the question.  So the CMD-DELETE function works, just not inside a collection. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2019 0