Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desaturated photo after export from Lightroom mobile to Instagram

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the solution to the problem mentioned in the link below:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/colors-desaturating-uploading-from-mobile-export/m-p/105255...

I took a picture with my phone and edited it in Lightroom mobile, it was a Samsung 8, then I saved it to my device and I also tried to directly export it to Instagram from Lightroom. Both actions showed a desatured image. I even took a screenshot of the edited photo in Lightroom, but it was desaturated upon viewing the screenshot in my phone's gallery. The lightroom mobile app doesn't have any setting options for color space, so I guess it's already set to sRGB by default! I would be very happy if anyone can help me solve this problem. It has hindered me doing any work. Also, links on this topic is also appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a rule, you cannot trust the colors on Android phones. Many apps are not color managed and will always show you the wrong color. Color management is very spotty and what you are seeing here is pretty typical. Lightroom on Android should manage colors but I am not sure if it is able to account for the wider color space of the samsung. It's possible it thinks the screen is sRGB and so when it exports to another app that assumes the screen is wide gamut you will get undersaturated images. I recommend you go to feedback.photoshop.com and file this as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Jao_vdL! Thank you very much for the explanation! At least I can rest assure that it wasn't due to something I had done wrong, so I guess I will have to find another editing app for mobile 🙂 I will register it as a bug! Thanks again! Best regards! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines