• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Lightroom create an Email & Password for my new laptop?

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that my initial PS/LR download/access triggered an update that included giving me a Hotmail address & computer log on password?

I have an old puzzling issue: I bought a new Asus laptop for a series of photography courses that I had enrolled in 5 years ago. I also purchased an online subscription to Photoshop and Lightroom. Loaded PS/LR on the Asus along with a series of my better images and tried loading a few pics into Lightroom to use in Photoshop tutorials.  They loaded, but I could not consolidate them into a single folder and was not exactly sure how to access them from Photoshop.  Planned to get help at the next class.

Couldn't sleep, so was on my Toshiba laptop at 3:00 AM with the Asus closed (sleeping?), but hooked into its own monitor.  All of a sudden, the Asus monitor lighted up indicating that an update (not specifically identified) was in progress.  I figured it was Photoshop or Lightroom since that was pretty much all that was on the laptop, save & except Microsoft Windows.

When it completed the quick update, it displayed the time and a landscape picture.  Even though the Asus laptop was closed, the monitor screen continued to display the clock & landscape image (the sea taken from inside a seaside cave). I opened the laptop.  Up came a screen with an email address displayed (cjones9353@hotmail.com) and a flashing cursory in a password box.

Needless to say, I did not recognize the hotmail address and apparently could not bypass the password requirement to access the new Asus.  Basically, I was locked out of my new laptop. Coupled with other ensuing complications, I was compelled to drop out of the course.

Now, I would really like to get back into photography AND my Asus without wiping out my photos. (FYI - Asus has indicated that neither the email address nor the Hotmail account were anything that it would have done.)

Any ideas?  Thank you,

W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS / LR would not do anything like this. I have no idea, but sounds like a different user has a log in on your computer. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines