• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable cloud sync in Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that I'm having to come to a forum to ask this question in and of itself is highly troubling. I'm currently evaluating whether to begin using Adobe CC for personal use. I noticed that it had started syncing my 500 GB photo library to a cloud somewhere without asking. I'm glad that I noticed, because I would have been hit with a large bill from my ISP had I not, for going over my 1 TB monthly bandwidth limit. So the first problem is that it tried to sync without asking.

The second problem is that I tried to disable sync in the Lightroom app (PC version) and it didn't offer that option, or if it did, it was far from obvious. I was able to "pause" sync, but I want to turn it off and remove any synced files. This should be easy to do from within the app.

Can someone please help me? If the answer is "Sorry, there's no way to disable sync", I will not be using Adobe products any further.

Thank you,

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Assuming that you are new to Lightroom, is your intention to store any photos in the cloud as this is the primary for the existence of the ’new’ cloud based Lightroom CC.

If not, the traditional local folder based Lightroom Classic CC (which also has many more advanced features) would probably suit you more maybe?

And yes the similarity in names is pretty confusing for two different products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this explanation. The new lightroom should literally be called "Cloud base Lightroom"

I had the exact issue as OP.

Adobe. PLEASE. Change the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron, there are two choices:

LR CC uploads all originals to the cloud by design.

LR Classic lets you choose which files to sync from collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to change the name. To implicitly say "cloud lightroom"

Such a silly name. 

What a waste of my time and internet speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, because Adobe wants to sell cloud storage as well as the product...personally I would pay for the storage had Adobe honored their commitment to photographers to keep a version you could buy available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why? Because it's completely confusing thats why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines