• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable (turn off) auto sync with Lightroom Mobile... (killing my bandwidth!)

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched everywhere and can't find information on how to disable auto sync with Lightroom Mobile..  I signed in to try out the local adjustment tools on the trial, and now because I am signed in it wants to upload all the photos I have edited with lightroom mobile, which is around 350 very large files.  This starts to suck my wifi bandwidth to where I can't even load a website on my desktop computer..

The only way to stop the sync is to logout (which now I can't even edit anything because it now requires me to log back in to edit at all) or I can stop it by turning off wifi on my phone.  But I do not want to turn off wifi on my phone when I'm at home as I would then start using up a lot of cellular data...

Seems like this is something that has always been standard to have as an option.  I also don't want to be storing any of my photos on any cloud based storage regardless of bandwidth usage...

Anyone know how to stop this?  Thanks for your assistance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop the sync with the cloud by clicking on the cloud icon and hover your mouse over where it says "syncing photos ..". This will turn into a button you can use to pause syncing with the cloud. The same works on your mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

You can stop the sync with the cloud by clicking on the cloud icon and hover your mouse over where it says "syncing photos ..". This will turn into a button you can use to pause syncing with the cloud. The same works on your mobile devices.

I can't find any button on the mobile app.  There is the cloud button at the top right of the main screen, it shows the blue circle indicating that it's syncing photos, tapping and holding that button only brings up text that says 'syncing status', and single tapping on the cloud button just shows text saying it's uploading, and the number of pending files.  Is there something I'm missing?

This is on an android device and the application should be up to date with the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be there in the cloud icon as shown below. Can't imagine the Android version being much different.

IMG_0352.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when you tap on the cloud and stop syncing you are then unable to load anything up to lightroom for editing until you allow the syncing to restart and complete upload. Lightroom for some reason has decided to upload every photo on my phone at the moment (around 6000)and every 15 mins I go in and delete all the uploaded photos. Am SO cross about this. I didn't ask for it, want it or need it. Am fizzing with anger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am like you ... I don't want it, never did and it is syncing EVERYTHING!!!   I can't find how to delete the process. I can pause it, resume it - I want to DELETE IT !!!  I sure hope I find an answer soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am sure I posted my methodof solving this somewhere but I'm danged if I remember where.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, what I had to do was delete all the photos in the 'camera' folder.

I think an option is to transfer all your photos in the 'camera' folder to another different folder

as it was only the photos in the 'camera' folder that it was transferring.

I only have two folders now, an 'all photos' and 'deleted'.

But this is because I take the shot, edit it then either post it online or forward it to myself before

deleting it so the original 'camera ' shot is never kept. Not now anyway 🙂

I don't use this particular phone for anything else and purchased it purely for the camera.

I hope you manage to solve the problem. If you need more help, post again. Am sure between us we

could get it right for you. It really was a pain in the ass.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Totally untuitive and extremely annoying. And all the Adobe Chat does is take you round in circles with links that don't help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. if the uploading kills your download bandwidth, you need a better modem on your internet (more channels solves this) or you need a router that supports QoS. This is a very common problem with asymmetric internet service (higher download than upload bandwidth) that is solvable with better hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one asked for this response. PS sometimes people stay in countries where internet is slow and sometimes people don't want to cloud sync. This is why some of us still use Lightroom classic and some of us don't want this nonsense and want to edit in phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problem here, unlike the capture from Jao, the cloud icon does not come with a preference icon (on my Android 7.0 on the LG G6)

I remember that on the previous version of LR Mobile we could select a collection in which would be uploaded all the pictures but this option seems to not be available anymore. Now, the only thing possible is to watch this cloud icon with its blue circle eating your data connection or consuming your wifi by uploading the 10000 failed attempts to take a nice picture of something. It's also good to mention that all those crappy pictures that get uploaded (because unless you are a damn genius, most of the pictures you take are pretty much worthless) progressively fills up the creative cloud quota.

Is manual deleting the only option? (Seriously Adobe, you who claim to be so advanced in machine learning, data sharing and all...?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. I have to download every photo I take with my phone in order to edit ONE photo in Lightroom CC? This pretty much makes LR CC unusable. I'm going to stop paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joseph, you don't have to turn this on at all. You can simply take a single photo in from your photo roll into Lightroom CC if you only want to edit a single photo, or use the camera inside Lightroom CC to take an image that will only show up in Lightroom. You can even shoot in raw that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josepht46513745  wrote

This is ridiculous. I have to download every photo I take with my phone in order to edit ONE photo in Lightroom CC? This pretty much makes LR CC unusable. I'm going to stop paying for it.

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick Joseph, and haven’t read the whole thread but do you have Auto Add turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem mobile LR, if I add a few pictures from my phone it takes forever to synch, maybe 5 to 10 minutes per picture and it takes forever to finally sync...  I do not have auto add on either and I have sync turned on on my computer's LR program.   This is very frustrating...

There is no apparent way to stop this apart from turning my phone off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I either have to upload 200g + of junk camera roll pics on my phone to my Lightroom cloud or I can't upload any. Absolutely archaic and unacceptable and I will certainly go woth another service like so many other people of this issue isn't addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cory6C29, I am so understanding of your issue. I have just been led round endless circles by a chat 'assistant' who finally signed off on me without solving the same problem that you have. Considering how much we pay for this facility, the service is outrageously pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thanks for the useless comment. This issue is, in fact, the exact same one that was occuring 6 years ago when this thread was created and the fact the team of high schoolers you have employed to make this program still haven't stopped it from doing this is breathtaking in it's abdigation of logic or reasoning.

Please, for the love of god, just create a process here that makes any amount of sense. I could've gone to college, gotten a degree in computer science, and written a new photo editor from scratch in the time it's been since this problem was first discovered. Pathetic and unacceptable, tell your people to get this figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
love it!!!!thankyou for making me laugh so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again...update....

I found a way to stop the syncing. On my mobile device (mine is Huawei p40pro+) I deleted all photos under 'Camera' which left me with 'All photos' 'Screenshots' and 'Favourite'.

It would appear that Lightroom was syncing the 'Camera' photos only.

It stopped immediately and I can now start from scratch and download to Lightroom one at a time.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines