Highlighted

Disc space issues LR CC

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC takes up a HUGE amount of disc space on my Mac. What would be some good ways to reduce the amount of space being used by LR CC?

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disc space issues LR CC

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC takes up a HUGE amount of disc space on my Mac. What would be some good ways to reduce the amount of space being used by LR CC?

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to reduce the % of photo cache, plus untick the option to store originals locally if ticked. Then restart the application.

Both settings are in Preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/using/preferences.html#Localstoragepreferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there is a built in redundancy of storage backups in Lightroom CC, so the program inherently takes up more space. Lightroom classic works differently, so I'll be exploring that as a replacement. I deleted Lightroom CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0