Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk storage problem with LR version 3.3

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I used LR version 3.2.1 and outside the cloud, I stored my photos on a Synology NAS. I have changed the version to  the new one 3.3. The storage on Synology NAS was not possible since "the external disk is full". I have 30 To of storage and I used only 10 To... I have uninstalled the new version and installed again the old one. 

If somebody could comment?

Thanks

Pierre Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here.  I used my Mac away from the network and Synology NAS (may or not be relevant) and on returning LR's behaviour is bizarre. It is able to access existing files on the NAS but when trying to add new ones it says both that the volume is offline (it isn't) and that there is not enough free space on it (there is). Furthermore if I edit an existing file and try to save it either to the same Mac or to another across the network it also tells me there is no disk space so it can't do it. I have no way of saving an edited file!! This started on 3.2 and updating to 3.3 doesn't help. Clearly the disks on three seperate devices aren't all full so the error messages are not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Seems like downgrading to 3.2.1 has worked to resolve the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. My QNAP has plenty of free space wich I can use from my MacBook Pro whitout any issues exept for latest LightRoom version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As ptlu says above downgrading to 3.2.1 via the cloud app got me working again but I lost 2 days trying to work that out. Adobe support don't seem to aknowledge the problem and wanted me to contact the NAS drive manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here -  but how would I go about downgrading? I'm running 3.3 on a Mac if that's important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downgrading is very easy thankfully. I'm on Mac and I opened the Creative Cloud app - then in the list of programs click the three dots next to LightRoom - other versions - and pick the version you want.

I have found 3.1 works but 3.2 and 3.3 don't.

After downgrading and it working for a while I tried upgrading again but it broke it as before.

As an aside for some time I have been unable to import images from a memory card - I have to copy them to my local drive first. I don't know if ayone here has seen that too or if it's unrelated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines