Highlighted

display file names in Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a total newcomer to Lightroom, so please be gentle with me!

I can't see any way to display file names in Thumbnail views, and when I search an Album for a file name which I know is in there, the search returns nothing.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

display file names in Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a total newcomer to Lightroom, so please be gentle with me!

I can't see any way to display file names in Thumbnail views, and when I search an Album for a file name which I know is in there, the search returns nothing.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try keeping the info panel open. Click the i symbol bottom right.

As you select thumbnails the file name should be displayed in the panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion, but I need to be able to scan through the file names in Grid View, just like I can in MediaPro, XNView and every other DAM application I've come across...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s names on the thumbnails you’re after, you may want to add your vote here also, if you haven’t already: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/how-do-i-display-file-names-in-grid-display-f...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 1