• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dng files much darker when imported in LR

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed that my DNG files are darker once imported into LR, compared to when viewed on the SD card or when downloaded onto my phone or tablet.

Any reason or fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure to enable camwera settings on your imported files. Some cameras deliberately underexpose images to protect highlights and then correct for that in the jpeg preview but not in the raw data. There a correction is written into the settings that Lightroom doesn't read by default. Using camera settings for the raw file allows that to be read for some cameras (but not all). You enable this in Lightroom Preferences -> Presets (Classic) or Preferences->Import (Lightroom Cloudy). Also make sure to calibrate your display. Many problems with too dark previews in Lightroom are actually caused by bad display calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines