Highlighted

Do plugins work in Lightoroom CC (i.e. Smugmug)?

New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying and seemingly completing automated and manual installation procedures there is no sign of a Smugmug plugin.

Does Lightroom CC version support plugins? If no then why is not made clear anywhere?

The installation process went on without errors. I acquired the plugin on Adobe-exchange, then Adobe Creative Cloud synced with its desktop version, and subsequently it notified me that it installed my Smugmug plugin. But there is no sign that the plugin is installed.

While troubleshooting I came across several reports that plugins are not supported.

The only reason I bought Lightroom because it promised to sync with my Smugmug account.

Am I doing something wrongly or I was misled and cheated?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

No. And you're doing nothing wrong, just being confused by Adobe's product names. The thing you've downloaded is the cloud-dependent Lightroom program for Mac/PC, like a version of the mobile app but for PC/Mac and without many features. The program that has always been called Lightroom is now called Lightroom Classic, but one can't expect everyone else to redo their web pages and documentation every time Adobe change product names around. So if you want to use the SmugMug plugin, use Lightroom Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do plugins work in Lightoroom CC (i.e. Smugmug)?

New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying and seemingly completing automated and manual installation procedures there is no sign of a Smugmug plugin.

Does Lightroom CC version support plugins? If no then why is not made clear anywhere?

The installation process went on without errors. I acquired the plugin on Adobe-exchange, then Adobe Creative Cloud synced with its desktop version, and subsequently it notified me that it installed my Smugmug plugin. But there is no sign that the plugin is installed.

While troubleshooting I came across several reports that plugins are not supported.

The only reason I bought Lightroom because it promised to sync with my Smugmug account.

Am I doing something wrongly or I was misled and cheated?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

No. And you're doing nothing wrong, just being confused by Adobe's product names. The thing you've downloaded is the cloud-dependent Lightroom program for Mac/PC, like a version of the mobile app but for PC/Mac and without many features. The program that has always been called Lightroom is now called Lightroom Classic, but one can't expect everyone else to redo their web pages and documentation every time Adobe change product names around. So if you want to use the SmugMug plugin, use Lightroom Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines