Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dodge, Burn, Showing selected maks

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop LRC, version 9.3.  Mac 10.15.6.

Mask overlay is not showing.  "Show selected mask overlay" checked.  Changing to other colors with Shift-O does not fix the problem.  Dodge/Burn effects also do not work.  I don't see this mentioned in any post and, of course, Adobe provides no way to contact them for technical support (evidently when you're perfect there is no need to provide technical support).  Can anyone help me since Adobe won't?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems I have seen-

-The Overlay is not visible until the Brush (or Gradient) has been applied to the photo.

-The Brush (Gradient) panel has been minimized (to the 'Amount' slider) and sliders in the Basic panel are being adjusted.

-The Overlay color by [Shift+O] has Red, Green, White, Grey. The white & grey overlays may give the appearance of having brushed an area when, in fact, the brush sliders are all set to zero adjustment.

-The "Dodge & Burn" Brush Presets are very minimal slider adjustments- make a change of the sliders to suit your image.

A reset of the Preferences file may be helpful-  Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That wasn't quite the solution, it was the "density" slider that was too low.  I found it only because you pointed me in the right direction and I am very grateful.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines