• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Lightroom CC has face detection and Geo-tagging?

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom classic on my Windows PC. Since importing pictures from my iPhone by USB cable sometimes doesn't work, I wonder, whether I should switch to Lighroom CC in the cloud.

Before I do so, here are two important questions:

Does Lightroom CC has face detection ?

Does Lightroom CC has a geo tagging map module, where I can draw an image (that has no GPS info yet) onto a specific point on a map, in order to assign a GPS info to that image ?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver,

Lightroom has face detection feature, you can read more about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/people-view.html

Geo Tagging has not been implemented yet, you may add your vote to an ongoing feature request here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/are-we-going-to-get-geotagging-back-in-new-lr...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to switch to Lightroom, and most likely you don't want to. You can sync Lightroom Classic to Lightroom (cloud version) and the photos in Lightroom on your phone will automatically sync to Classic on your computer.

You can go the other direction with it too, by syncing Classic collections to Lightroom. Here's some info to help you set this up.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Would this technique allow me to import photos taken with my iPhone into LR classic ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that you don't have to import them by connecting your phone to your computer. With sync turned on they automatically transfer to your computer.

Honestly I haven't imported my phone photos to Classic for several years now, so I can't even say for sure if it works anymore. It's an out dated workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa, yes, it works. So thanks for the hint. However: all pictures taken with my iPhone show up twice on my desktop, on my iPhone and on my iPad. Any idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by showing up twice. Are you saying twice on the same device, or once on iPad and once on iPhone? How are you viewing the photos, with Lightroom, or Photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Theresa, thanks for asking. Indeed, the photos showed up in pairs in LR classic and LR mobile, however, I just found out the reason: Since my iPhone and my iPad are subscribed to Apple iCloud, the pictures from the iPhone are pushed back via the Apple cloud to the iPad foto collection and therefore once again processed by LR mobile. I have terminated the service for the iPad and now everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines