Highlighted

Does Lightroom import catchwords from Photo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I think about switching from Apples Photos App to Lightroom.

But the big questions is still: Does LR import all my tags (catchwords) which I have attached in Photos?

If that does´t work the switch won´t be an option.

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does Lightroom import catchwords from Photo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I think about switching from Apples Photos App to Lightroom.

But the big questions is still: Does LR import all my tags (catchwords) which I have attached in Photos?

If that does´t work the switch won´t be an option.

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to what is known as keywords in Lightroom, then the answer is No. When migrating from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom with cloud, even in that process keywords don't migrate, unfortunately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyword is the correct word, thank you! But I cannot believe what you are writing: LR doesn't really import my keywords from the Photos App? That's really annoying as keywords are a key feature to manage photos - for me! Do you know any third party app that can help? Thanks again for your reply!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is one. You are not the only user who is frustrated with this problem. When you are browsing all the discussions in this forum on the web using a computer, below the links on the right-hand side of the screen there is a link to provide feedback regarding the product. That is the best place to express your concern because that is a forum where the developers monitor more closely.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

thanks for your advise.

Unfortunately I can´t find the mentioned link to provide feedback.

Can you tell me where to find it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest method is to export copies from the Photos app to the desktop or preferably named folders. Then add them to Lightroom.

Select a batch of thumbnails and use the Photos menu:

File >> Export

There are two choices 

• unmodified originals
  • export number of photos

Use the latter method unless you specifically wish to discard your editing work in the Photos app.

In the export dialog check the boxes to include keywords and titles (descriptions) and optionally location data. These will import into Lightroom as keywords and captions. See image below.

Click the Add button in Lightroom and navigate to your new folder to select the items to import. You can also create a new album for each import batch, if required.

PhotosExport.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 1