• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does sync automatically create smart previews?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

so I just created a collection in LR classic (up to date version) and selected to sync it. I understand that from LR classic only smart previews will be sync'd. On my phone in the LR mobile app it indicates that I have smart previews of the photos, both in the cloud and on the device. Now, I never did create smart previews in LR classic. So what do I actually have on my phone? Were the smart previews created during sync? If so, why do I not see them indicated in LR classic?

Thanks, 
David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget the term  'Smart Previews' I believe it only confuses people when talking about syncing Lr-Classic to the Cloud.

Classic Collections will sync 'proxy downsized DNG' files to the Cloud. They commonly have a long edge dimension of 2560pixels (so not full-size images!)

These proxy files that are synced are separate and bear no relationship to the other use of Smart Previews in a 'local' catalog sense. So, you will not see them anywhere in Lr-CLassic. They will not exist in any local {Catalog Name Smart Previews.lrdata} folder.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines