• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download all content of Lightroom from web to my computer

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom Classic catalog file is corrupt and cannot be recovered (I have tried all Adobe aids). That’s why I’d like to download all the Lightroom content from the web to my PC and create a new catalog, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recent backup that you can restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I've tried to recover it but the backup fila is also corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tought again on your question and I realised that ALL backup copies are saved in the computer. So I've used the backup copy created just before the corrupt one. I've only had to reload a few number of pictures I've lost. The process was succesful.
Many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy enough to do (simply create a new empty catalog and enable it to sync). That will indeed download all content from your cloud to the new catalog. However, if all that content was synced from Classic, likely it will only be in the smart preview format (2560px on the long edge), not the full-resolution originals that you had stored in Classic. Of course, any originals in the cloud that you might have added via a phone or tablet will be downloaded in the original format.

What folder structure were you using in the corrupt Classic catalog: one of Classic's own date-based folder structure, or your own hand-crafted folder scheme? If the former, it might be possible to relink the downloaded smart previews to the original files that were cataloged in the corrupt Classic catalog.

Don't start doing anything yet until you get back with the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim for your interesting answer.

In relation to your query, I inform you that I use my own folder structure. I make a new one for each session or subject of photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the other point.....are the files in the cloud smart previews or originals? If they are only smart previews, having your own folder structure, rather than one of the Classic date-based schemes, makes it very difficult to relink your local originals to the smart previews if you try to download the cloud content into a new catalog in order to preserve all the edits you may have made in the original corrupt Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thanks for your reply. Still, I will try to make the solution you gave me in the first answer: if I get the expected result, fantastic; otherwise I will delete the catalog and be in the current situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried to do what you had suggest to me. In the beginning, it seems to be perfect, but when the sync is going on, I've realised that something was wrong: the number of pictures to download from the cloud to my computer was diminuizing as the sync was running. Finally, I've stopped the sync and I've done another solution.

I realised that ALL backup copies are saved in the computer. So I've used the backup copy created just before the corrupt one. I've only had to reload a few number of pictures I've lost. The process was succesful.
Many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines