Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download batch from cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to download all orinigal files from my lightroom cloud at the same time? I can download seperate files, but I can't find an option to download a batch. Is there any other way to get my original files on my harddrive? Since I have over 600 files, one by one download is not really an option.

Thank you!

Best,

Hans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom-Desktop (v3.2.1) it is possible to select multiple files and Export 'Original+Settings'- specify the folder to 'save'.

Is this what you are attempting by "download"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wobert. I was trying to download from the online Lightroom version (https://lightroom.adobe.com/libraries). 

Now I have tried exporting original + setting from the desktop version, but I get the following error "images could not be exported at the size you req...ed becuase we couldn't access the full size original." Strange, because I am able to download the original files from the online version, just not more than one at the time. Any idea what could be a reason for this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual cause of that problem is that the image that you are exporting was synced originally from Lightroom Classic, and Classic only uploads smart previews, not the full res original. Smart Previews are 2560px max on the long edge, so any attempt to export a larger size than that (such as trying to export "Original + Settings") will fail because the original is not stored in the cloud.

Downloading from the web version has the same limitations, but there you don't get the choice....if the source file is a smart preview the download will only offer a 2048px long edge jpeg download. If the original is available in the cloud, LR Web will offer both the 2048px option and a full-size option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, there is a workaround for the issue of only being able to download one image at a time from your LrWeb app. Provided you've set the album to be shared, and in the settings have enabled the download option, open the share settings and click on the share URL....that will open a new window in your browser, giving you the view that your user's would see if they had access. In the window, click on the tri-dot icon left of the avatar, select Download and it will download the entire contents of the album into a zipped folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, 

Cheers for the explanation. With album sharing I could only find an option to allow JPG downloads, not the original TIF file. 

I managed to get the originals now, by importing the images to lightroom Classic through Syncing and then exporting. Thanks for pointing out the Syncing option ;-). I originally imported the files with CC; that's why I find it strange that CC gives that error. Also you'd expect an option for batch downloading in the web version, right?..

Anyway, thanks for your help! Appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Adobe Downloader app: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines