Highlighted

Download from cloud with edits?

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if I store my entire library in Dropbox, can I download an image onto my iPad that will include the edits I make in Lightroom Classic CC?

I tried importing an image to my Dropbox folder, converting to DNG, converting to black and white in Lightroom. Then when I download on my iPad its back to color. 

Topics

How to, Import and share, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Download from cloud with edits?

Participant ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if I store my entire library in Dropbox, can I download an image onto my iPad that will include the edits I make in Lightroom Classic CC?

I tried importing an image to my Dropbox folder, converting to DNG, converting to black and white in Lightroom. Then when I download on my iPad its back to color. 

Topics

How to, Import and share, Mac, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your question you are probably using Lightroom Classic instead of the cloud version of Lightroom that this forum is for. No matter. The problem that you are running into is that when you export to dng, what you get is a raw file with instructions on how to render the raw data. Only Adobe software can recognize the edits. When you import the dng to the photoroll or the photos app on an iPad the iPad will use its own built-in raw rendering engine to render the raw data and it will ignore Lightroom's rendering instructions. If you however load the dngs in the Lightroom app on your mobile device, you will see it will render identical to the rendering in Lightroom Cassic on your dekstop.

So basically you have to export to a standard file format that is rendered already such as jpeg or tiff for the iPad to show you the image as you wanted it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines