• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download from shared albums are in Display P3 color space and not in sRGB.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom cloud service (not Lightroom classic) and I am quite happy with it since many of my workflows has been simplified. However one thing remains very annoying.

When people do download a picture in my shared albums, the colors are crappy. The colors are sub-saturated, the skin is grey. The technical reason is that Adobe "decided to export by default the pictures in display P3 color profile". But the vast majority of users and devices do not handle/understand color profiles and are using sRGB. They are just disappointed by my pictures. What is the Adobe strategy for this choice ?

[Is it only to follow iOS trend ? According to my knowledge, iOS is only accounting for 25% of the mobile devices market share.]

Ok, I can surely use a workstation to export every pictures in sRGB, pack them in a zip, upload them in a cloud file service. But what if I decide to add one more picture to the album ? I will have to do the full process again ! And it is definitely not convenient to do that "on-the-go", which is supposed to be the market segment of this lightroom cloud service. Could you please explain that to us ?

older post about the same topic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/srgb-replaced-by-display-p3-when-downloading-from-shared-al...

Thank you for your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for your answer,

Indeed, I found something very similar and very recent : https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/instagram-desaturating-photo

My post was not exactly a feature request. I was also requesting explanations or a better understanding, for a choice that sound very odd to me (the choice to export in P3 by default in the web galleries ; while the shared button in the mobile app do export in sRGB, for example).

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines