• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download high res images from shared album

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: When I share a synced LR album/collection with friends, why can't they download full res jpegs from the link to the album? It seems they can only download poor quality jpegs. Did I miss something in the settings or is that just the way it is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I know how to export full resolution jpegs and share them via another service, like google, PASS, or Dropbox, but was hoping that wasn't necessary if I just wanted to share an album directly from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where did you share the photos and did they originally come from Lightroom Classic (as it only syncs lower res smart previews to the Cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sharing does not work that way. When you share an album you are creating a public url that can be viewed by others. The images are previews or jpegs of your originals. Only you have access to your original files. There is a technology preview for collaboration found at Lightroom for the Web. This allows you to invite others to contribute to your album. Collaborators can share their full res images with you, but it doesn't work the other way around. If you want to share your originals with someone else have them create an album with their Lightroom and invite you to collaborate on it. Beware of this workflow though because essentially you are copying your photos into their Lightroom and they get full access privileges, including editing and deleting. You don't retain any of that control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines