Download Lightroom 5

I have reinstalled my computer, and therefor need to reinstall my Lightroom 5. I have logged in to my account, gone to order history and found the download link, but when i click it i get a page saying "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download. Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk. Apologies for any inconvenience."

I have tried the Adobe chat, and after spending 30-40 minutes, getting a download-link to the newest version of Lightroom that wont work with my serial number, they told me they had to put me through to someone working with perpetual licenses. Having now waited for 2-3 hours for someone to answer me on the chat, i am now turning to the forums. 

So my quick and (not so) easy question is, where can i download Lightroom 5 that i have a perpetual license key to?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct Answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

See here for download links for LR 4 and 5:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M166919 

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Topics

Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Download Lightroom 5

I have reinstalled my computer, and therefor need to reinstall my Lightroom 5. I have logged in to my account, gone to order history and found the download link, but when i click it i get a page saying "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download. Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk. Apologies for any inconvenience."

I have tried the Adobe chat, and after spending 30-40 minutes, getting a download-link to the newest version of Lightroom that wont work with my serial number, they told me they had to put me through to someone working with perpetual licenses. Having now waited for 2-3 hours for someone to answer me on the chat, i am now turning to the forums. 

So my quick and (not so) easy question is, where can i download Lightroom 5 that i have a perpetual license key to?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct Answer by johnrellis | Most Valuable Participant

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M166919 

Topics

Download and install, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Download Lightroom 5

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 10, 2020

The forum is a user to user function. We don't have any more of a connection with Adobe than you do. It seems that you have done all the right things. Lightroom 5 is not available anymore. If you can't get a download link via Adobe Chat then I'm afraid it will be difficult to find it anywhere. I would suggest that you just keep trying again. Lightroom 5 is not supported by Adobe. It's ancient history, unfortunately for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M16...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you, that was the link i needed. I actually eventually got the link
from Adobe directly, after waiting two hours in the chat for someone to
reply. This is the link provided by the way:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/legacy/lightroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe

--
mvh
Christian Wærsten

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 10, 2020

That link posted by johnrellis worked for me on Feb 3, 2020 for the mac installer for LR 5.7.1. The link is very slow....wwwww. the download eventually completed. Good luck it should work to install on macOS Mohave will not work on macOS Catalina. The installer is 32bit.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.3: Lightroom Classic 9.2, Photoshop, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Moved to Get-Started.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Most Valuable Participant , Feb 11, 2020

Glad you got it resolved.

"This is the link provided by the way:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/legacy/lightroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe"

Good, that's pointing to the same download as the link to which I referred you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines