Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download/remove old originals from the cloud and store them on hard drive

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I still have Lightroom 6 and mobil. How can I download the originals from the cloud to store them on a classic hard drive and delete them in the cloud? I do not want to have all pics on the cloud. Prefer to make an annual pic folder on my different hard drives.

Thanks,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Adobe cause most of the confusion... How many plans are out there?!

With LR6, is it logged into the same account that is used with LRCC Mobile? Maybe go to Help > System Info, and copy the first line. That will help make clear which version you are using. If LR6 will sync, enable sync in the catalogue (Preferences) and it should automatically download everything from the cloud. If LR6 will not sync, then the Lightroom Downloader will download everything that is in Adobe's cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the pics in the cloud? Did you make these photos with the camera that is in LR Mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, some were made with the LR “camera”, some via iPhone and some with my canon via direct transfer to iPad.

I was wondering whether older pics/ originals have to be stored at the cloud, or could be saved/stored on an hard drive. Would make my cloud data volume significantly smaller.

thanks,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which cloud are your photos in, Lightroom's or Apple's? It's not clear. The canon direct transfer to the iPad wouldn't put the images in Lightroom unless you uploaded them to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa, unfortunately on both. The icloud is used for family pics, Lightroom rather for the selection.

thanks, Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a subscription you would simply let LR sync the photos to the catalogue down to your computer, Dirk, but I assume you don't have a subscription so things may be slightly tricky, but....

I think you should be able to use the Lightroom Downloader to rescue everything that is in Adobe's cloud. It's very simple - you log in, and it downloads everything it finds. That should be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the subscribtions for Lightroom cc and the desktop version Lightroom 6.

Does it mean, after sync with LR 6, I have the originals and modified pics with highest resolution already on my desktop? I can export the pics and catalog to an external hard drive?

Afterward I can make a new catalog eg 2019, start sync and delete all files, my cloud should be empty.

Is this a correct procedur?

Thanks, Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Lightroom Plan, or the Photography Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither LR plan nor photography plan.

Have a license for LR 6 and use via apple the ~5€/month Lightroom cc mobile version. Works pretty well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing me - you said you "have the subscribtions for Lightroom cc" and then say "Neither LR plan nor photography plan." My guess is that you have an account for Lightroom CC but that you are not subscribing - ie paying - Adobe.

In that case, the Lightroom Downloader would be the method to follow. It's really easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is confusing-sorry for this.

I do not have the official LR options for ~11€/months.

I have a official Lightroom CC mobile version with 200 GB cloud for ~5Euro/month that works only on Apple mobile devices-not on desktop computers. On my PC, I have a license for LR 6, that can be synchronized with my LR CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cause most of the confusion... How many plans are out there?!

With LR6, is it logged into the same account that is used with LRCC Mobile? Maybe go to Help > System Info, and copy the first line. That will help make clear which version you are using. If LR6 will sync, enable sync in the catalogue (Preferences) and it should automatically download everything from the cloud. If LR6 will not sync, then the Lightroom Downloader will download everything that is in Adobe's cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, LR can sync. This means, I can delete all files in the cloud and start a new catalog?

thx dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you have the free mobile version but have purchased the in app premium features for editing and storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, looks like! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines