• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dozens of albums disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through no apparent action of my own, dozens of my albums have disappeared. I have a 1TB cloud plan and use Lightroom CC on a Windows desktop, Mac desktop, Android phone, and iPad. The albums were migrated from Lightroom Classic CC, which I no longer use.

What's going on here? Cloud problems? It seems like I have the same number of photos, but random albums are gone. This is a serious issue because over the years I have spent countless hours organizing 35,000+ photos, and I have no idea which albums are missing.

Any insight is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Hi ancientlore

I have an update for you. It looks like this is a bug the engineering team is aware of and hoping to fix for a future release. We're very sorry for the problem this has caused. I'm reaching out to you via DM with additional information.

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it turns out there are also photos missing from albums. This is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ancientlore,

Oh no! We understand this is extremely frustrating. Please answer the following questions to the best of your knowledge:

Can you see any of your albums or photos here: Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

When did you notice this start to happen?

Do you see this happening on all your devices? Have you paused the sync?

How long ago did you migrate your Lightroom Classic CC catalogs?

Please gather the following information and reply to the DM I send you with a shareable link (ex: Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox Etc.)

1. System Info:

•      In Lightroom go to Help > System Info.

2. Full & Mini Report:

• Click on Lightroom>Preferences>Account and hold down the Alt/option Key and click on Full report. Once the full report has been captured, similarly capture the mini report.

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The view in Lightroom online looks like it does on Lightroom for Mac and my Android phone. I don't have the Windows PC in front of me at the moment. So it appears that roughly the same albums are missing in all the versions I can see right now, including online.

I noticed it today while I was searching for an old photo.

I noticed it on two of four devices and online. I can't check the other devices yet. The Android phone is paused because it isn't on WiFi, but it synced last night.

The migration was done some weeks ago. I upgraded to 1TB around December 25, and then started the migration which took a few days to finish.

I am sending the reports, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ancientlore,

Thank you for providing this information. We're sending this over to our engineering team. We will reach out if they have any questions or updates. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ancientlore​,

Can you clarify the following:

ancientlore 

The view in Lightroom online looks like it does on Lightroom for Mac and my Android phone. I don't have the Windows PC in front of me at the moment. So it appears that roughly the same albums are missing in all the versions I can see right now, including online.

You are also unable to find the missing albums via  Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom correct?

Additional questions:

• Can you gauge how many albums disappeared?

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mean that many of the albums I observed missing were also missing on lightroom.adobe.com.

Just giving it a quick look, I would guess over 100 albums are missing. Additionally, very many of the remaining albums have fewer photos than before, and some just have zero or one photo where there used to be more. These are albums that were in folders organized by year. In the folder for the year 2017, only one folder of 34 remains, containing only one photo of the 2500+ photos that were organized under 2017.

The only thing left for 2017 is "Catalog/2017/2017-09 Mantis" with just one photo. I think the originals are still present, just not in folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at Lightroom on my Windows machine. It seems to be unaffected by the problem. I have included logs for it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! We've sent these over to the engineers currently reviewing the previous logs you submitted. We've also made them aware that this is not happening on the Windows version.  I'll let you know as soon as I have an update. Thank you for your patience.

^Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ancientlore​

The engineering team wanted to know if you performed the migration on your Windows machine?

^Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the migration took place on the Windows machine. Also, I configured Lightroom CC on the Windows machine to store all originals locally. The migration was reasonably quick (some hours) and then it took 2-3 days to fully sync to the cloud.

Also, I did not load or run run the old Lightroom Classic CC during or after the migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ancientlore

I have an update for you. It looks like this is a bug the engineering team is aware of and hoping to fix for a future release. We're very sorry for the problem this has caused. I'm reaching out to you via DM with additional information.

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. A couple of questions. Since the Windows version appears to have all the albums - is there anything I can do to prevent it from losing the albums? And second, is there some way it can be made to resync with the cloud version? Technically the information is there, it just needs to be pushed to the cloud. I am very technical (I develop software for a living), so even a difficult procedure would be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carissa, this just happened to me as well. What can I do to recover the files? 

Thanks, 

JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ancientlore​, you're very welcome! We're so happy we were able to help!

Best,

Carissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all my album on Lr suddenly went missing. "all photos" showing the numbers of photos i have put its also not showing, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same problem (on Windows 10 Pro). I use LR Classic and, up 'till now, have had no issues with my synced albums showing up. So, it's September 2020 and I wanted to add some images to my Adobe Portfolio page. I selected the Lightroom option and, although some of my albums are there, there are several missing. I followed the link you gave (Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom) and all are present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the same thing happened to my Lightroom. I have many missing albums and pictures and don't know how to get them back. Please help, I need it for work! Thanks! I use Adobe Lightroom 6 on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find help with this issue - I lost 4 photo shoots this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines