• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drive volumes and parent folder structure is being displayed in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the folder 'Lightroom' should be the 'Start' folder.

I can't remember how, but at some point while working with Lightroom the parent folders were displayed. This was not the case in the past. When creating the catalog only the subfolders of 'Lightroom' were visible.

Now I see the following:

Macintosh HD

- /

- volumes

- home

- pictures

- Lightroom

Since then it is no longer possible to see the full folder names.

- /

- volumes

- home

- pictures

- Lightroom

- 2001-01-01_Tex.....

Instead of the folder name, only the shortened name is displayed. The display 'Folder' has already been extended to the maximum.

I would like to have the folder 'Lightroom' as 'Start' folder again and only see the subdirectories.

Lightroom

How can I achieve this without having to create a new catalog?

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

I'd agree with JohanElzenga as this is an expected behavior.

Does hiding the "volumes" folder and restarting Lightroom make the UI looks similar to what you're expecting?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martinb,

Sorry that drive volumes and parent folder structure is being displayed in Lightroom unexpectedly. Let us help make it right.

Could you please take a look at this article Volumes and drives display as folders in Lightoom  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

the root folder (./) I could hide. But as soon as I hide the next level 'volumes', the complete section 'Folder' is empty. Under 'Catalog / all photos' all photos are still displayed, but not under 'Folder' anymore ...

After hiding, I waited a few minutes to see if the directories were still displayed. Folder' remained empty ...

If I undo the editing steps, I have listed the directories in 'Folder' again. But again with 'Volumes / home / Images ...' as parent directories.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart Lightroom? Hiding the 'Volumes' folder means that your disks will once again show as disks, rather than as folders, but you often need to restart Lightroom to accomplish that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd agree with JohanElzenga as this is an expected behavior.

Does hiding the "volumes" folder and restarting Lightroom make the UI looks similar to what you're expecting?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanElzenga​

@Akash Sherma

Thank you both very much. I hadn't tried the restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you restart and did it work? I am running into the exact problem but am nervouse to restart because I dont know what to do if it doesnt work and Edit -> Undo wont work after I have restarted. HELP!

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 9.59.55 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines