• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Mobile Devices Syncing

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Struggling with something that is more annoying than an actual problem. Hoping someone can help!

My lightroom currently syncs with my Apple Iphone Xs. This allows me to automatically import my photos from my camera roll to LR (similar to Apple's photo stream option). Unfortuantely, my phone shows up twice in my device list and some of the photos in my camera roll appear in one folder and some in the other. Never duplicates, though! Wondering WHY and if there is a way to just have my iphone appear ONE time with all of my photos imported in the same folder. Again, the photos in each of these folders are DIFFERENT...they are not duplicating. Some of the photos are simply going to one oflder while the rest go to the other...even if they were taken on the same day!

I've attached a photo for reference (there are currently no photos in either folder becasue I have transfered them all to their folders.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why your phone's folder is being duplicated in Classic, but the simplest way to prevent it is to set your own destination folder for downloaded images, rather than letting the system use the default. See the Lightroom Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab, where you have the option to choose your own download folder. You can also have the downloads organised into date-based sub-folders if you wish (as I use a date-based folder scheme for all my Classic library, I've simply set the same parent folder as the destination for sync downloads so any phone images get automatically stored in the one overall folder structure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines