• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate photo is not adjacent to original

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it was always this way.  I haven't used the duplicate feature in a while, but here's what it's doing.  Right-clike -> duplicate 1 file and the duplicate is created miles away, at the end of the album.  IIRC, and I may be mis-remembering, it used to put the duplicate right next to the original, which seems like what you want.  Am I doing something wrong?   Do I have a setting mis-set setting somewhere?   (Windows 10, LR v.3.4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the sort settings of the album. You probably have it set to 'Added Order'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   As soon as I posted my original question, duplicate seemed to work as I think it should:  the dupe is next to the orig. It worked that way for a while.  Then the problem came back.  Dupes are going to the end of the album. Then it was gone again; working normally.  All of this in the same album.

How do I find the sort settings?   I can't find it.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in an album, tap the three dots in the upper right corner. Then tap 'Sort by xxxxxxxxxx'. The 'xxxxxxxxx' will be the current sort, so change it to Capture Date. By the way 'added order' does not seem to be an option in the mobile app, so you probably have it set to 'custom' or 'modified date' right now.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I do not have three dots in the upper right, which makes me think perhaps that I have Lightroom (nee Lightroom CC) and you have Lightroom Classic (nee Lightroom).  Adobe is not the first company to make poor naming choices.

However, I did find sorting options at the lower left.  Click on the three bars. I was set to "Custom".  I don't recall setting it.  I changed it to "Capture Date".   So far, Duplicate is working correctly.     

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I assumed you were talking about Lightroom Mobile. In Lightroom the sort option is indeed at the bottom of the grid.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines