• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicates LR CC

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using LR CC. But when I goto import my photos to LR. It will create copies of the originals in a seperate folder. I am trying to rebuild my library and not importing from memory cards. Just trying to be clear. HD to LR adding photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not have a folder structure. All imported photos are uploaded to the cloud, as duplicates of the original files on your computer. Once the photos are imported into Lightroom they don’t have any connection to the photos on the computer. If you do any edits to the photos in Lightroom, the photos on your computer won’t know about those edits.

You could delete the photos on your computer after they are imported and finish syncing. I’d recommended backing them up someplace before deleting them though.

I’m not sure if I answered your question, but I am also not sure if I completely understand it. I’m assuming you are using the cloud version of Lightroom because you posted this in the Lightroom CC forum, not the Lightroom Classic forurm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like maybe you are not using Lightroom CC, but Lightroom Classic CC. Lightroom CC stores originals in the cloud, like Theresa says, and so it does not create copies in a separate folder. Lightroom Classic CC gives you an option what to do in the Import dialog. At the top middle of the dialog you see options like Copy, Copy as DNG, Move, Add. Sounds like you used Copy, so the images get copied to a new folder that you choose in the right panel under Destination. You 'Add' if you want to keep the existing folder structure and only want to add the images to the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines