Highlighted

Duplicating / Re-Creating Old LR Catalog as New

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

My LR catalog is HUGE. Lots of previews and smart previews and such that I dont want to delete. It's a new year so I want to finally build a fresh 2020 Master Catalog. I do weddings mostly but dont like to make individual catalogs for each. This is the first year I'm creating a new catalog for new work, but I want to carry over all my metadata, presets, settings, etc for the new catalog. Whats the best way anyone has found to do this as cleanly and efficiently as possible?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Performance, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Duplicating / Re-Creating Old LR Catalog as New

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All!

My LR catalog is HUGE. Lots of previews and smart previews and such that I dont want to delete. It's a new year so I want to finally build a fresh 2020 Master Catalog. I do weddings mostly but dont like to make individual catalogs for each. This is the first year I'm creating a new catalog for new work, but I want to carry over all my metadata, presets, settings, etc for the new catalog. Whats the best way anyone has found to do this as cleanly and efficiently as possible?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Performance, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have Lightroom-CLASSIC:

Open your current Catalog, then: 

1) Menu > Metadata > Export Keywords 

2) Menu > File > New Catalog...

3) Name your new Catalog

4) Menu > Metadata > Import Keywords

5) Start Importing new photos to the new catalog.

All your presets will be available. All your Keywords will be available.

But, would it not be better to tidy your current working Catalog?- Maybe delete the Previews folders to let it refresh by re-building Previews as they are needed.

Are Smart Previews essential to your workflow?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 0