• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit history help

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i see my edit history in lightroom cc?  i added a preset to an image a month ago and i cant remember which one it was and i want to see it.  how can i do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom) doesn't have a develop module. There is no edit history to draw from in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliem,

Open the history panel to the left of the Lightroom Develop module. All your edits should be there in chronological order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this in Lightroom CC?  I do not see a history panel on the left side, only the library folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is for Lightroom CC. Are you in the Develop module? Check the screenshot below to see where History typically appears.

history.jpg

If you are already in the Develop module and you don't see the History panel, can you post a screenshot so we can see what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DelphiZoaThat is not Lightroom CC, it is Lightroom Classic CC. Lightroom CC has no separate Develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. Sometimes brain farts are my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom) doesn't have a develop module. There is no edit history to draw from in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is an oldish thread. Quite new to Lightroom. On April 12, 2020 - today! -  I went in search of an answer to my question "where is the history panel in Abobe Photoshop Lightroom Version 3.2" and I ended up here. The correct answer as shown here is that there isn't one. Hmmm...is there another version like Classic or something that does all that this CC version does BUT has history? It seems like a basic requirement and something that many people would want to use. Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have the exact same question.  I also got the new version in April & I am really missing my history!

Let me know if you discover anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I found there is a history panel in LRC, not LR CC so I have moved everything across into Lightroom Classic. Well worth it. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awful. this was a huge part of my workflow. honestly, I am looking to leave adobe. their changes with each release in CC are horrible and creating huge stop gaps in my workflow as I have to re-learn light room with every 'update' that is supposed to make my life easier. yet, I am finding it's making it more complicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm honestly so upset that I spent the last thirty minutes looking for something that isn't there any more.  What the hell is going on that they thought that it was a good idea to remove edit history? I know weed is legal in california and all, but whoever had this hairbrained idea and anyone that thought it was a good idea is doing hardcore drugs while in the office.  That or brain injury are really the only two explanations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a third possibility:

It sounds as if you've installed Lightroom Desktop by mistake. LrD has never had a feature called Edit History. 

Lightroom Classic (a completely different software package) has always (and still does) have Edit History. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. But then please ask some of your colleagues to explain differences, possibilities and purposes of the dozens of apps more clearly on the website and everywhere, because I have tried many times and failed to understand all the differences between the LR versions, or what happens to LR classic when I'm not a subscriber anymore, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

"..the differences between the LR versions.."

COMPARE LIGHTROOM & LIGHTROOM-CLASSIC FEATURES

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

NAMES FOR LIGHTROOM VERSIONS-3.jpg

"...what happens to LR classic when I'm not a subscriber anymore,..."

https://asktimgrey.com/2020/01/23/impact-of-canceling-lightroom-classic/

(Note: A free Trial of LrC does not give any future right to using the App in a limited mode!)

Be aware that Cancelling an Annual Subscription contract may incur penalty fees.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html#cancel

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. No surprise that you had to direct me to non-Adobe sources. The Lightroom Queen website looks interesting though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom CC does not have a History Panel.

PS: Because of this on top of another hundred essential features missing in the CC version, I wouldn't suggest using LR CC if you are a professional. Use the full Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines