Highlighted

Edit in Photoshop not Updating in Lightroom (2020)

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Lightroom (3.3), I choose "Edit in Photoshop", which opens the photo in Photoshop (20.0.1). After editing, I save in Photoshop and close the photo. Back in Lightroom, the photo is not updated with my changes.

I've found one way around this: saving the edited photo from Photoshop to my desktop and then opening it again in Lightroom. However, this seems to only work half the time. 

Does anyone know why photos are not updating in Lightroom? Is there a better, more reliable, and efficient way to accomplish editing between Lightroom and Photoshop?

Thanks.

Topics

Bug, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edit in Photoshop not Updating in Lightroom (2020)

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Lightroom (3.3), I choose "Edit in Photoshop", which opens the photo in Photoshop (20.0.1). After editing, I save in Photoshop and close the photo. Back in Lightroom, the photo is not updated with my changes.

I've found one way around this: saving the edited photo from Photoshop to my desktop and then opening it again in Lightroom. However, this seems to only work half the time. 

Does anyone know why photos are not updating in Lightroom? Is there a better, more reliable, and efficient way to accomplish editing between Lightroom and Photoshop?

Thanks.

Topics

Bug, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
99jon LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1)Press Ctrl+E to open from Lr in PS

2)After editing press Ctrl+W to close in PS & update Lr Library

3)Click yes to save & overwrite tiff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines