• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited photo from Photoshop shows with different profile and WB back in LR

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm struggling with my raw files after editing them in PS.

Here is how I normally work. I make my final selection of photos and apply one of my presets onto them, tweak them where necessary and export. I do however sometimes need to do a little tweak in PS, usually a simple retouch - what happens is:

1/ in most cases, it doesn't ask me whether I want to edit the original or with LR settings and just opens the photo as it is in PS. But sometimes it does and it seems completely random! Why?!

2/ because of the issue above, I always reset the photo I want to retouch, click on Edit in PS and do my edits, click Save. I see the edited photo in LR right away, HOWEVER, once I apply the same settings as the other LR photos have (with Treatment & Profile and WB ticked or not, doesn't matter), it has completely messed up WB and the colours are completelly off. What is noticed is, that all my raw files are in Adobe Color profile with Temp from 2000-50000 and tint being -150 to 150, but once the PS edited file is back the profile becomes just Color and the Temp and Tint units change too (-100 to 100) and there is no other choice than Color and Monochrome. So I tried applying the same user profile on both PS -edited and unedited photo, but the WB is completely off again. 

I did try to change export setting from Prophoto to srgb or other options such as PSD and tiff, but this doesn't seem to do any change at all.

I'm struggling to understand, why this change happens and how do I secure consistency in my editing regardless how whether the photo has been edited in PS or not. The only thing that ever helped me was to manually set the WB to match using reference windows but that cannot be in any way a quality and precise work and I am sure there has to be a way to have consistent results for both retouched and nonretouched photos! Any ideas, please? 

Thank you!!

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The difference is caused by different original images. If you send a raw file to photoshop, you will not get that question. If you send an RGB file to photoshop then you will get the dialog asking if you eant ot edit the original or a copy. Same for synchronising. You can synchronise white balance settings between raw images and rgb images, because rgb images already have white balance 'baked in'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines