• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing camera raw files in photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've always used lightroom to edit my raw files then I do a few final edits in photoshop, I've just started having problems opening my files in photoshop with the adjustments, I don't get options of how to open like before. I was talking to support but after about an hour they just told me the feature had been removed? Is this true? I don't understand why they would do this, it means I need to start my entire edit again if I want to do something that cannot be done in lightroom 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed. Lightroom renders a new copy, usually tiff unless specified differently in Preferences (PSD is available in LR Classic) so you should be able to apply the PS edits and save the new copy back to the LR library.

What version do you have installed? You can find information on the version and build number from the menu:

Help >> About Lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Lightroom are you using, Lightroom CC for the Cloud, or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are editing a raw file, there are no options to to be given. The raw file is converted and opened in Photoshop, then a new file is saved when the Photoshop session finishes. If you are anything something other than a raw file, then you should be given the options to choose to edit the original or a copy with Lightroom adjustments. Of course, this is assuming that both Lightroom and Photoshop are up-to-date and current. If you are using an older version of Photoshop and Camera Raw then it would be necessary to provide those different options every time you chose to edit in Photoshop because the version of Camera Raw is not current with what Lightroom requires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines