• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing color photos that have been converted to B&W

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LightRoom CC, I have converted a few color photos to B&W. The problem comes when I attempt to increase exposure or white/black balance using the brush tool on specic areas of the photograph image. The area covered by the brush tends to revert to the original colior tones versus blacks, grays and whites. How can I correct that? When I have switched a photo to B&W, why doesn't LR pickup on that? I'm using LR-CC on a MacBook Pro running Catalina. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening as color images are reverting back to B&W when you're trying to edit them, sorry about the trouble caused. Let's help make it right.

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Since you mentioned Lightroom CC, please check it from the Help>System info menu(latest is 2.4.1) 

Also, does the problem occurs with a specific set of images or image formats?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash... Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am on the latest vetrsion of LR-cc, 2.4.1.

I'm editing RAW format files imported from a Canon EOS M50 digital camera. I'm usually working with raw files; rarely .jpg.

-reid 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines