• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing large print files system requirements

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing large print files up to 500 MB in size I use Photoshop Lightroom and also use alien skin exposure Topaz Studio 2 and luminar flex plugins currently I have 16 gigs of RAM and a 256 gig e s a t a hard drive obviously I need more power aka more memory I have a fast i7 card as well as a 11 gig NVIDIA 1080 founders edition graphics card my CPU is good I just replaced my 1000-watt cooling fan power supply what I would like to know is this if someone is editing 6 or 7 print files from 24 megabyte nef files what size eSATA drive and what amount of RAM should one have I have have a very good computer I had it made precisely for graphics however it appears that using all of those programs has slowed me to molasses advice anyone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you actually doing? What kind of files are you editing? What are "print files"? Are these upscaled images from your 24 MB originals in tiff or psd? Please explain your workflow a bit better. Certainly that machine should have no trouble whatsoever with 24 megapixel nefs. Oh and hopefully you are actually using Lioghtroom Classic and not Lightroom for this. I.e. what version of Lightroom are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines