Highlighted

Edits in LR on my desktop not syncing with iOS devices

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some pics into LR CC on my iMac and chose to edit in PS. Waited a little and saw the newly edited pic replaced the originals after saving.  Nice.  However, even after hours, those edited photos never made it to my iOS devices.  Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edits in LR on my desktop not syncing with iOS devices

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some pics into LR CC on my iMac and chose to edit in PS. Waited a little and saw the newly edited pic replaced the originals after saving.  Nice.  However, even after hours, those edited photos never made it to my iOS devices.  Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the sync status say in LR CC on your iMac? Do you see the file in https://lightroom.adobe.com ? Note that files after editing in PS can be many times bigger than the original and might take a very long time to upload. For example, if you have a 24 MP raw file in LR CC, it is only about 25 MB in general. For a typical broadband connection (most broadband connections have abysmally slow upload speeds) of 5 Mbit/s, it will take 40 seconds to upload. Now open this file in Photoshop, and the file size of the resulting psd will be at least 75 MB but typically 100 MB. Add a few layers and you are quickly at a few 100 MB. So it can easily take 10 times longer to upload the psd (or tiff) file than the original raw file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao,

Taking time to upload was certainly something I accounted for, but I had allowed quite a bit of time for the edit to show on IOS devices, AND, there was no indication syncing was going on in LR CC.  To make things more confusing, I tried again to edit a LR CC pic in PS after I posted my question and this time all IOS and OS devices synced as I would have expected.  I now assume my internet provider was part of the problem, although all other internet stuff worked flawlessly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tape99  wrote

Can you be a bit more specific? An image that is sent from Lightroom CC to Photoshop does not normally replace the original image in Lightroom CC when saved in Photoshop. It should appear as a copy next to the original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan,

When I say replace, I mean that the new, edited pic sits on top of the original.  There is a '2' in the corner.  When I click on pic, both then show at bottom of screen.  Both show as separate pics on IOS devices.  I used the wrong terminology by saying the edited pic replaced the original.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tape99  wrote

Johan,

When I say replace, I mean that the new, edited pic sits on top of the original.  There is a '2' in the corner.  When I click on pic, both then show at bottom of screen.  Both show as separate pics on IOS devices.  I used the wrong terminology by saying the edited pic replaced the original.

That's called a 'stack' and Lightroom CC for iOS devices doesn't support stacks.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines