• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edits shown on dng in apple photo

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was editing exclusively with an ipad pro and using lightroom cloud. I recently decided to upgrade/grow up a little and got a 27" imac desktop, I also want to work with lightroom classic. So i was hoping to store the photos from the ipad on an external ssd and edit from there, well somewhere in the import export process my edits got removed from the dngs. I don't know if it was a jpg edit that was transposed on the dng, but when I imported them into lightroom classic they showed up as separate dng and jpg, with the jpgs having the edit, whereas before they showed up as just dng with the edit, which is what I liked because a LOT of them were just rough drafts that I wanted to improve upon. Can anyone explain this to me because I've spent hours searching forums and trying different things and I don't want to mess anything up further. I'm hoping to sync lightroom cloud and classic and hoping that does the trick and from there maybe I can export the library to the ssd and have that be my home base, but even if that works, I want to understand the separation of the edit and the dng when it used to be one in the same, I can't seem to find anyone who has had the same problem as me. thanks for your help, I'm learning slowly but surely. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you suggesting that, by simply transferring your images from the cloud to an external hard drive that the editing you performed on DNG images got transferred to JPEG files, and now the DNG files have no adjustments made to them? And that, before the transfer, you only had DNG files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confused also!

So your images on the iPad have been Imported to Lightroom (on the iPad).

Then you do NOT NEED any Import or Export process whatsoever.

You simply turn on the 'Sync'  in Lightroom-Classic on the Desktop Mac, and ALL your edited files will automatically download and appear in the Classic Catalog as edited on the iPad.

The location for the downloaded files (the external SSD) can be specified in the Classic Preferences > Lightroom Sync >Location.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines