Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error While Checking Disk Space

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running off Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Version 3.3

I have the plan with 1TB of space, 808.6GB free. I have tried deleting backup catalogues but can't find them anywhere. I'm not sure what happened with adobe but for the last two years photoshop and lightroom have been complete garbage. Slow to do anything, lag constantly and after the last update it crashed my harddrive and I have to replace my harddrive all together. SO you would think with a brand new computer, tons of space this program would actually start working again, shocklingly. NOT THE CASE. 

Can someone actually answer the question as to why I'm getting an error code all of the sudden? Or point me in the direction on how to correct it? It is 2020 and it's hard to believe this is a common issue and has yet to be resolved.

ALSO, anyone know why these programs don't work on the Catalina update? AND when that should be resolved? What takes me 20 minutes to edit now takes 45 minutes to do AND MORE when exporting to photoshop.

Please and thank you. I apologize for being angry but I've been trying this problem for the last 2 hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some confusion. You are stating a Adobe Plan, so a subscription, you are stating LR v3.3. Your stating a 1TB plan. So, first impression is not Lightroom Classic, but Lightroom Desktop a.k.a LR Cloudy. or just Lightroom. So one would think the Lightroom Plan.  Lightroom with 1 TB cloud storage.

BUT, you also talk of Catalog (as in Lightroom Classic) and Photoshop. So, then one may think the Adobe Photography Plan with the 1TB option.

Current versions are

Lightroom (Lr) v3.3

Lightroom Classic (LrC) v9.3

Both are 64bit apps, neither uses a 32bit installer (like Lightrrom v6.14 ir older). Both work with MACOS Catalina, and Windows 10.

Lightroom stores photos on the cloud, and it uses Albums (stored in the cloud)

Lightroom Classic stores photos on a locol hard drive or NAS, it uses Catalogs (on local hard drive, never ever on NAS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked up videos on how to fix the issue and none of them were the
updated version so that makes sense. They all said to check the catalogue
but makes sense why I can't find them.

So curious what the issue is now. I was using it two days ago and now its
not letting me upload any images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CATALINA

So some points on MACOS Catalina as it effects Adobe PS, LrC, and to some effect Lr.

First up, the older products, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC v6.14, fie example, use a 32bit install app. Catalina absolutely will not run 32bit apps. Period. So, if LR 6.14 exists pre Catalina, as in already installed, Ok. But if you need to install it post Catalina, no joy.

Moving on, increased Cyber Security in Catalina, specifically Applications need rights. Many Catalina users fail to answer an inquiry as to allowing an app to use file space with yes, and Catalina then refuses access. Fixable

Outside of any app. In the MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, For LrC and while you are at it, foe PS, make sure all drve types are checked (removablevolumns is often the issue). This should not be an issue with Lr. If you store catalogs or photos in the sys folder Photos, scroll up and deal with that right, add LrC. For some reason, some users are told to scroll to Full Disk Access and add LrC (I do not see that issue in my rig, LrC is not included)

6A2BC750-D04B-4011-9689-05A8B3C50BB5.png

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this today! Yes I updated my computer and then the
editing software and had issues since:(

I'm not sure why but I have three different types of lightroom since
updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what you indicate is confusing. If you are truly using Lightroom 3.3 then there are no backup catalogs. The catalog is in the cloud, and you don't have access to it to be able to back it up. Lightroom Classic creates local catalog backups, but Lightroom does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that make sense now. I was looking up videos and they all said to
check that but I couldn't find them so that makes sense. So any idea as to
why it won't read?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I'm not a real fan of Lightroom, I use it very little. I'm primarily a LrC user. Keep watching, someone might have a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't understand why there are so many different ones. Would you mind
explaining to me why I have 3 different ones and why are they all different?

--
*Kaitlyn Angel *
Lead Photographer and Owner of K. Angel Photography

*Contact us* @ 859.479.2080
*Visit us* @ www.kangelphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum. From LrC to the proper Lr forum

I hope this helps and best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines