• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export causes huge RAM usage

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got so fed up with Lightroom that I did a full Windows reinstall (so you can't blame that, which is your usual answer when all else fails). Exports have always been a nightmare for me. Sometimes I can get a few export, but anymore that 30 or 40 at a time and everything goes to hell. After the reinstall of windows and reinstall of Lightroom (the online version, not classic or whatever you call it) exports seemed to work fine again. I added a few albums over the last few days, 100-200 pictures a piece on average, and noticed that the exports began to slow down quite a bit. Today I tried to export about 140 pictures and everything went to hell, very slow and only made it to about 50 pictures. Checked task manager and the lightroom sync utility was using every available MB of memory. Classic. I have a Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB of system ram, Vega 56 graphics...seems like exports shouldn't be an issue. I'm so tired of this crap. You charge me every month and the software doesn't get any better. I get a new slider that does something stupid every 12 months. Whoop-di-do. I want to export more than 10 photos at a time...

I've tried rebooting. I've tried closing everything else. And again, I just did a full reinstall 4 days ago. There's not much else running on the system to begin with. The second I start an export RAM usage increases drastically until it reaches 99% and the system just slows to a crawl. At best I can get through about 20 pictures before that happens. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst you may get some knowledgeable advice on this forum, it may also be worth reporting performance issues & bugs on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineering team:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines