Highlighted

Export .jpg in 300dpi?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Lightroom Version 2.3

As I was asked to send some pictures with 300 dpi I had a look and Lightroom is just saving the photos with 240 dpi. With saving pictures I can only decide between large, small or type in the pixel of the long side of the photo.

Would be great if you could help me out. Couldn't find any answers somewhere else.

Kind regards

Tobias

Hi Tobias

I would suggest sending jpeg full size. Don’t worry about the difference between 240ppi and 300ppi. The printer will have the maximum available pixels and will take care of the output. For regular print sizes 240ppi produces good quality results.

If you have Photoshop you can open the images from Lightroom and change the resolution manually from the size dialog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export .jpg in 300dpi?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Lightroom Version 2.3

As I was asked to send some pictures with 300 dpi I had a look and Lightroom is just saving the photos with 240 dpi. With saving pictures I can only decide between large, small or type in the pixel of the long side of the photo.

Would be great if you could help me out. Couldn't find any answers somewhere else.

Kind regards

Tobias

Hi Tobias

I would suggest sending jpeg full size. Don’t worry about the difference between 240ppi and 300ppi. The printer will have the maximum available pixels and will take care of the output. For regular print sizes 240ppi produces good quality results.

If you have Photoshop you can open the images from Lightroom and change the resolution manually from the size dialog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tobias

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John,

I will give it a try and check out with Photoshop if that isn't enough for them.

Have a great day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC and it also changes my 300 dpi photos to 240 dpi. Full size sunset skies and portions of night photos are pixelated in the 240 dpi photos that are not in the original. Is there no way to keep the photos at 300 dpi in Lightroom CC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no I dont believe so, you are stuck with terrible export options. 

300 dpi should be standard, as well as other options like PNG. TIFF for bulk output. Who was given the decision being ignorant of the global community of users to ditch all the export options for professionals? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exporting "originals plus data" is of no use, because I dont want to export the unedited originals, it only takes up a lot of time and space and i`m only using the Edited versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. The only reason I save selected unedited originals (to an external
hard drive) is the possibility that future software might make better edits.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines