Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple folders - containing the edited images

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I would like to export 30,000 images that are already edited and in a folder structure to an external drive and was wondering if someone can explain the easiest way to do so. 

I know how to export all images within a folder. 

My current folder structure is organized like this:

2019_9_8_Lisas Wedding

My goal is to be able to see all images (edited) on an external drive without having to use LR. 

Thanks for your help,

Silke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic (or a predecessor of it)? First of all, in order to see the edits outside of Lightroom, you'll have to export the images as jpeg or tiff. Do not choose DNG or 'Original'. By default Lightroom cannot export into an automatically created folder structure, but there is a plugin that can do this: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan, 

yes correct I am am using LR classic.

I followed your link, downloaded the publisher and added it to LR. Now I am stuck with how to add the folders to the publisher and export it. 

The instructions are unclear to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have never used this plugin myself, so I can't help you with that. However, the plugin author is very responsive (and also active in this forum), so I suggest you contact him.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines