• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export photo for website use

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community. I do have a question regarding exporting photos in a certain format. I know in older versions of LR you had more options regarding the format of the image for certain use cases (i.e. website, facebook, instagram) the export adjustment used to pop up in a new window with more options. Now I cant change the dpi i.e. and i can only choose the quality of the image, but then its not sharp when i upload on my website. You used to be able to determine the size (i.e. 300kb) of the exported photo.

So my question, is there a way that I dont see, where I can do these things still in the new version of Lr?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has most of the export options that exist in Lightroom Classic. The main missing option is the ability to limit the output file-size. Choosing the PPI value is available, but only where it matters, i.e. when setting the output dimensions in inches or centimetres. For all exports when the output dimension value is set at the more standard pixels, PPI is meaningless so the option to set/change it is not shown.

Provided you have the quality setting high enough (i.e. >80, though even >70 should be OK), and assuming you have output sharpening selected, your exported images should be as sharp as when viewing the original in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply.

The only problem is, if I select quality 70 or higher, the picture size is often still in MB, but I'd neet kb for the website.

Anything I could do here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've cropped the image as tightly as you can, then the only option for reducing the size of the output file is to reduce the quality setting (which I guess is exactly what Lightroom Classic does under the hood when you use the "Limit File Size" option). Of course, the lower the quality setting, the more the image quality will start to suffer. You'd need to experiment a little, exporting at different quality settings to see how low you can afford to set it (likely it will vary depending on the image). This old article by Jeffrey Friedl may help a little: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/jpeg-quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines