Highlighted

Export to jpg on ipad but file size is smaller than export on PC

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have some question.

I use Lightroom to export jpg files with iPad but the file size is much smaller than when using Lightroom classic on my PC.

I would like to know whether the size of the different files can affect the quality of the images or not?

And is there a way to export images from Lightroom on iPad with the same file size and quality as exporting the file using  Lightroom classic on PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export to jpg on ipad but file size is smaller than export on PC

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have some question.

I use Lightroom to export jpg files with iPad but the file size is much smaller than when using Lightroom classic on my PC.

I would like to know whether the size of the different files can affect the quality of the images or not?

And is there a way to export images from Lightroom on iPad with the same file size and quality as exporting the file using  Lightroom classic on PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image in question is one that has been synced in a Collection from Classic to the Cloud/Mobile then it will be a lower quality Smart Preview and not the Original.

If you have the Photography Plan then you can also import the Original into Lightroom Cloud Desktop, (and maybe Lightroom Web) and this will overwrite the Smart Preview in the Cloud, allowing full res export from Mobile. 

Classic can only sync Smart Previews to the Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0
tikeng LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled1.jpgUntitled.jpgThank you for answer. Last night I try to upload my picture into the Lightroom cloud desktop, and goto Lightroom ipad, wait until sync finish, download original file to my ipad, and export it(by ipad), but the picture size is still smaller. Lightroom desktop cloud is 6.78 MB and Lightroom IPAD is about 3.6 MB. and Photo shop cc is 10.4 MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0