• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported DNG Image in LR CC does not contain edits.

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I captured a landscape image in my Apple 11 Pro Max with ProCamera Software in DNG format.  I edited it on my iPhone with the Adobe tools in LR Mobile to B&W and some sharpening and toning.  I exported DNG to my desktop.  The thumbnail on my desktop shows the image in B&W, like I had edited.  I imported the image to LR Classic.  When I open the image in LR Classic or Photoshop, none of the B&W conversion is there.  It comes up in color.  I've tried multiple ways and permutations of the edit - export - import process I use and get the same result.  

So the question is how to I get my edited DNG image from LR Mobile to LR Classic with all the edits?  What is the best way?  Thanks in advance for any assitance you can offer me!  8-))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported DNG to my desktop

If you were editing the image on your iPhone, how did you export this image to "my desktop"?

If you have Lightroom-Classic set to Sync, then there should be no need to export or import anything!

The edits you make to an image on your iPhone will (with time) sync down to the desktop catalog where the image will be shown with the edits.

If you Imported the image to Lr-Classic,  Which DNG did you import? The DNG you exported (that would include the B&W development)? OR the original camera DNG (that would NOT include any development)?

I tested your workflow- Edited an image in Lightroom, exported as DNG, imported to Lr-Classic. NOW I have TWO versions of the photo in my Classic Catalog! And both have the same edits!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines