• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Lightroom to email to Instagram - Color difference issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having trouble exporting from lightroom to my email to Instagram, the quality and colors don't match when I export them. I have to reduce the contrast from lightroom in order for the picture to look good, otherwise it will look over saturated. Also the quality reduces noticeably. is this fixable? if so how can I fix this issue, any links or settings to use would be really helpful. Thanks in advance guys and gals!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try direct publishing to Instagram after downloading the plugin. Adobe’s Terry White has a video which may help. If you don't have Lightroom Classic you should be able to share to Instagram from a phone or tablet after saving to device.

https://youtu.be/8OQ2I1xvmNk

Make your Instagram photos pop.

Make your Instagram PHOTOS look AMAZING in Lightroom CC Mobile [FAST & EASY] - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're facing difficulty with emailing the images from Lightroom to Instagram, please try this plugin LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram

Also, please have a look at the videos shared above by Jon.

When you say the colors don't match after the export, could you please share some screenshots here? So that we can have a look at the color difference and help you out accordingly.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin is, according to the author, broken and hasn't been updated.  Likely it will never be updated because IG has an issue with people publishing to the service from outside their app.  In fact, they have been known to delete accounts that use third party means to publish to the site.

Also, the video from Terry is almost three years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says that plug in wont work since Instagram updated. also for the colors not matching I guess its my phone that makes the colors darker than what they are. I uploaded it and went on Instagram on my desktop, and it was fine. so I have to figure out why my phone does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of phone do you have? If it is one of the wide gamut android phones the over saturation is expected because they do not color manage at all. If an iPhone, then how are you calibrating your desktop? You absolutely have to calibrate your desktop display using calibration hardware to expect consistent color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines